In The Spotlight
The city’s only In-N-Out location at 333 Jefferson Street in Fisherman’s Wharf was closed by the San Francisco Department of Public Health last Thursday because employees “were not preventing the entry of Customers who were not carrying proper vaccination documentation,” according to a statement from the burger chain.
After over 1000 days in confinement, China has released detained Canadians Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor and they are back in Canada.
While the government has spent the weekend telling American Citizens still in Afghanistan to make their way to the Kabu Airport to be evacuated to safety, the Embassey has been advising people not to travel to the airport.
Security Alert – Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan (August 21, 2021)
Event: Because of potential security threats outside the gates at the Kabul airport, we are advising U.S. citizens to avoid traveling to the airport and to avoid airport gates at this time unless you receive individual instructions from a U.S. government representative to do so.
U.S. citizens requesting assistance in departing the country who have not yet to completed the Repatriation Assistance Request for each traveler in their group should do so as soon as possible.
Spouses and minor children of U.S. citizens in Afghanistan who are awaiting immigrant visas should also complete this form if they wish to depart. Do not call the U.S. Embassy in Kabul for details or updates about the flight.
This form is the only way to communicate interest in flight options. We will contact registered U.S. citizens as the security situation changes to provide further instructions.
Actions to take:
· Be aware of your surroundings at all times, especially in large crowds.
· Follow the instructions of local authorities including movement restrictions related to curfews.
· Have a contingency plan for emergencies and review the Traveler’s Checklist.
· Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
The world is watching....
Cybersecurity entrepreneur, cryptocurrency advocate, and former U.S. presidential candidate John McAfee has been found dead in his jail cell in Sant Esteve de Sesrovires, Barcelona, Spain within hours of a court’s ruling that he would be extradited to the United States on charges of tax evasion and failure to disclose income.